Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: Pet Peeves

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Here's another one. Political correctness. Only time I think a black person should be called an african american is if both of their parent's really came from africa or something. They don't call us european americans. Heck there's a good deal of white Africans or Africans who aren't even black. I'm not caucasian. I'm not European American just because my grandmother is european. I'm just simply American. Disagreeing with homosexuality is an opinion. Not a phobia. We won't get into what we think about homosexuality. Please.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    I hate when people try and push religion on me.

    And I hate when people attack other religions, yet blindly defend their own.

    DJ, this is not intended for you, just forgot it from my post.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Thanks for clarifying. At first it sounded like you was about to flame me.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    I can understand people who can't spell certain words but when people can't spell simple words correctly that kills me... plus certain grammar mistakes like not understanding the difference between they're, their, and there or too, to, and two. Plus double negatives can really peeve me too sometimes.

    People who are just FLAT OUT LAZY.

    People who assume or judge others... I hate generalizations too such as all liberals are idiots, all UF fans are [censored], etc. =)

    and like Biggin said I can't stand it when people try to push their own personal belief off on you, religious, political, etc.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    All UF fans are idiots. Same with FSU fans.

    It's not a peeve or anything--just sharing a fact. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]














































    Oh c'mon smarty--you didn't expect me to let that go w/o a jab did ya? U know I'm j/k anyways...LOL
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Herre's one that bothers me. Spoiled brats. It bothers me. I had to deal with some in my section during marching band. Wouldn't listen to me or any other section leader in the whole band when we were trying to help. Wouldn't even listen to the driector.

    I also can't stand people who can't mind their own business. Some jobs have people who if you have to have a day off for something you really need to do they complain when your schedule is none of their business.

    About the liberal thing. The ones that get on my nerves are the ones who act as if conservative are stupid, lazy, opressive idiots. It's not liberals in general.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    [ QUOTE ]
    About the liberal thing. The ones that get on my nerves are the ones who act as if conservative are stupid, lazy, opressive idiots. It's not liberals in general.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    By the same token, the generalizations about liberals (or anyone with a liberal idea that departs from mainstream conservative thought) being homosexual Godless tree-hugging baby-killers irks me to no end. Politics is politics though.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    Folks who are mean to children,animals and the elderly
    People who aren't polite enough to say "Thank You" when you hold the door for them (look at you like you are hired help). When this happens, I always make it a point to say clearly/loudly "You Are Welcome". When the person says "I didn't say Thank You", I just say "Exactly", or if I am in a particularly pissy mood " Guess only one of us was taught the value of common courtesy when we were raised".
    Going to the fridge and finding one ice cube left in the [censored] tray
    Same with milk/drink-one swallow left (also cereal boxes too)
    Empty pop cans/dishes not put where they belong
    Judgemental people/hypocrites
    Two-faced persons, liars/theives
    Folks who whine about how hard they work one just one shift when me and elp6n work 2 jobs each 65-75 hrs a week (she works 7 days a week, and I work 7-4 day job, run home, shower and work 5- midnight)
    Condescending/cocky/arrogant people
    Hell I could go on for days
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  9. #19
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Pet Peeves

    People who drive in my trunk.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Pet Peeves

    [ QUOTE ]
    Folks who are mean to children and the elderly

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I'd add animals to that group.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •